Edri van der Merwe
Biokinetics is a health profession that is fascinated in the optimal wellbeing of individuals through high quality health care.
A biokineticist utilises exercise medicine to manage the risk factors that influence illness, disease, and injury along with optimal fitness and sporting performance
SOLUTIONS TO YOUR HEALTH NEEDS
Injury and Illness by prevention
We can offer comprehensive exercise treatment options to address your health, illness, and injury demands using the latest technology, scientific exercise prescription, and the use of scientific procedures.
– Orthopaedic/ Injury management and rehabilitation
– Managing injuries concerning muscles, nerves, ligaments, tendons, bones, and their related anatomy.
– Disease management
– Management of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and chronic respiratory diseases
– Surgery Management
– Management of Pre and Post surgery conditions such as spinal surgery, hip and knee replacements, and Rotator Cuff repairs.
– Enhancing Sport Performance and Conditioning
– Functional movement patterns and sport specific outcomes
– Pilates/spinal rehabilitation
– Exercise to restore and maintain functional strength through specific core & stabiliser strengthening
– Pre- & Post Natal Classes
– Personal Exercise program and Rehabilitation for pregnancy and Postpartum.
– Specializing in Pelvic floor Dysfunction, Diastasis Recti, SIJ and lower back pain
– Health & Fitness Assessments
– Health and fitness assessments for Discovery Vitality and general health and fitness assessments.
– Preventative medicine is one of our pillars for boosting the health and welfare of our clients as it reduces the chance of illness while also promoting longevity.
– We provide alternative solutions through the use of online platforms to effectively manage your health requirements in the comfort of your own home.
Movement towards Health & Performance